Tuesday, August 2, 2011

getting ready

Well, I move into my apartment in less than a month. I need to go thrift shopping so I can pick up some fun things for decorating. I found these two turquoise vases at a thrift store and I plan on putting flowers in them for the kitchen. I also like to use mugs not only for my coffee but for other things, such as makeup brushes, or a place to hold my change. Be creative and work outside of the box. It's fun, I promise.


Chalk boards are also pretty useful. I'd like to have one in my kitchen so I can write down my schedule for the day and other important notes. 


I'll be thrifting soon, and when I do, I'll be sure to take pictures of the things I find. I can't wait to start decorating. Any fun ideas for my apartment from experienced apartment/home owners, please share with me!


2 comments:

Amelia said...

good luck with the move doll! :) and i love the mug idea. i'll be living in an apt this year too

stacie said...

What a great set of bookends! brilliant. :)